Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Peppy And Ponce




It would appear from recent comments made on my daughter's blog that one of my Child-hood Chums has referred to me as an "Old Geezer". Thinking back into the mists of time it would appear that one of two things must be happening here.... The first would seem to be an open admission by Peppy that she too was a member of the Geezer generation. I find this hard to believe however as women are not often prone to this sort of revelation. The second and far more intriguing possibility is that Peppy has discovered the secret of "TIME TRAVEL"!! Yes, I think this is it! Peppy has traveled back in time and has joined up with either Al-khidr and like the Salted Fish has bounced back to youthful exuberance or even more likely she has joined forces with Juan Ponce de Leon and discovered the Fountain of Youth somewhere in Florida. I have carefully studied the scene with de Leon in the swimming pool an I think I see one image that looks a lot like Peppy but alas being an "Old Geezer" my eyesight is not what it used to be. Perhaps others could give me a hand here..... Is Peppy in the pool with Ponce???

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Get him Priscilla!!

Dad's just bitter...on the way to the Fountain of Youth he got lost & refused to ask directions. He ended up at the Fountain of Baldness instead.

Herb said...

And where did you stop my little Bon Bon?

Lori said...

Things a bit slow at work today, Herbie?

Priscilla said...

Wow! I like those images. (And the new blue background) Nope, not me in the pool. I haven't been anywhere near Florida since 1943. It's Biddie who lives in Florida, remember?
I'm flattered to see my name has reached the Big Time, there in lights on your blog. Funny, nobody calls me Peppy any more. I get childish and playful and mischievous when I read my old nickname.
Maybe you're not an Old Geezer, I can't tell from a distance. What do you think, Oppy?

Priscilla said...

Oh, I meant to comment on your reference to al-Khidr. Very learned, um-hm. You're a big kidr yourself. Let's see, salted fish? Cheryl, you take over from here.

Priscilla said...

No doubt what you were referring to

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://khidr.org/pix/al-khidr.jpg&imgrefurl=http://khidr.org/khwaja-khadir.htm&h=254&w=300&sz=19&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=liaWLJoL7-J04M:&tbnh=98&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dal-khidr%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX

Cheryl said...

I find it best to always take the Old Cod with a grain of salt..

Biddie said...

That's not my pool - I'd call the local sheriff - I sure ain't gonna have all that riff-raff in my pool!

Priscilla said...

You callin' me riff-raff, Biddie?

Biddie said...

Are you in my pool ????? Darn - you sure are doing some time traveling, girl friend ....